Environmental Engineering Partner
Client: Life Technologies
Service: Facility Decommissioning, Pollution Assessment & Remediation, Emergency Response, Sustainable Development
As a world leader in the life science industry, Life Technologies manages many facilities to support its global operations. In New England, Life Technologies’ facilities management and environmental health and safety groups rely on the expertise of environmental engineers to work within the local regulatory environment to address all facets of assessing and remediating land, site and facility environmental risks. These groups need a partner to quickly respond, bring proven technical resources, thoroughly understand the regulatory environment, manage the timelines and get the job done right. Timelines are tight and the stakes are high.
The Environmental Services Provided:
SAK is the environmental engineering partner that EHS facility managers at Life Technologies in Massachusetts count on. In this role, SAK provides pollution assessment and remediation services in addition to providing the environmental engineering services related to acquiring, facilitating and divesting real estate. In addition, SAK was retained to develop a Global Corporate Standard to guide Life Technologies when conducting environmental due diligence and risk management for its worldwide locations.
Summary of Services:
- Facility Decommissioning
- Hazardous Materials Use Assessment
- Building and environmental testing
- CIH Certification
- Site and facility remediation
- Emergency response
- Creating the global corporate standard for environmental due diligence and risk management
- Mitigate corporate risk for acquisition and divestiture of real estate
- Minimize corporate risk through abating environmental footprint and remediation
- Protect human health and the environment
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations
- Established corporate standards for risk management and environmental due diligence regardless of local regulations for the company worldwide.