We strive to promote sustainable development and environmentally compatible business practices to allow business, industry and community to thrive. Identifying sustainable solutions for storm water, energy efficiency, pollution prevention, solid waste reduction, and operating/decommissioning procedures makes sense and is increasingly becoming a priority for leading companies to manage risk and incorporate sustainability into their business practices. For us at SAK Environmental, it is who we are as environmental engineers, consultants and citizens.
Re-using existing (potentially) contaminated property makes sense – economically and environmentally. Brownfield site assessment and remediation, whether through EPA grant or private funds, is becoming routine in old mill towns, and where vacant manufacturing plants or gasoline service stations once existed. Through proactive environmental engineering, we help real estate developers and community redevelopment officials re-purpose brownfield sites for the betterment of the community, the economy and the environment.
More and more clients are looking to decrease their long-term energy costs by considering a geothermal pump or other renewable energy system. Using the geothermal capacity of the earth, geothermal pumps reduce energy costs and a facility’s carbon footprint. SAK Environmental’s hydrogeologic expertise with all aspects of geothermal well drilling adds value by providing design review, permitting wells and construction discharge, to on-site construction inspection and troubleshooting. Our experiences working with geothermal companies have been positive for both the client and for the environment.
Our sustainable development services include:
- Brownfield site assessment and remediation
- Geothermal wells
- Recycling Programs and Third-Party Waste Ban Compliance Services
- LEED AP services
- Storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP)
- Spill Prevention and Control Countermeasures (SPCC)
- Sustainable Stormwater Strategies, Stormwater and Discharge Treatment
- NPDES permit compliance
- UIC and construction dewatering discharge permitting and compliance
- Facility decommissioning
- Green chemistry, toxic use reduction
- Water, soil, and air quality monitoring
- Waste characterization and management
- Construction inspection for renewable energy systems
- Environmental outreach programs
- Sustainability Policies and Programs